If we involve students in authentic projects that promote resiliency and an emotional connection to community, then our students will develop as engaged, compassionate, and responsible citizens.
“Learning Expeditions” is an exciting Grade 7-12 Project Based Learning Program of Choice offered at Sea to Sky Learning Connections (Stawamus Site) for students who want to apply their learning in real and authentic ways.
What is Learning Expeditions?
We are a project based school for grades 7 through 12. We have a strong focus on using critiques to assist both our students and our teachers in creating the best work they possibly can. Here at Learning Expeditions, students are encouraged to pursue their passions and personal interest through flexible projects and more deeply with Personal Inquiry projects.
What is Project Exhibition?
Every so often, once we’ve completed one or two projects, we have what is known as an exhibition night/day. The idea behind this being to create an open showcase for students to show what they’ve been working on to their families as well as the general public and influential individuals. Now why do we do this? The answer is simple; we believe that an authentic audience boots student engagement, fosters relevance, and brings our learning community together.
- We believe in beautiful work that is authentic and purposeful.
- We believe that beautiful work is created through critique and collaboration.
- We believe that our work should be presented to authentic audiences.
- We believe in revision and depth in learning.
- We believe in creating a community of critical thinkers.
- We believe that all this is accomplished by encouraging excellence, support and respect for all learners.